Absolute Machine Tools provides a comprehensive offering of rigid, heavy-duty You Ji vertical turning lathes and vertical turning centers. Chuck capacities extend from 8″ to 315″. The selection includes single or dual RAM, 3 – 5 axis mill/turn, inverted spindle and fixed or movable-rail style machines with side heads, integrated pallet changers, a variety of tool changers and Y-axes among available options. Specialized machines for production of wheels, bearings and aerospace parts are available. All You Ji vertical turning lathes are built with Timken cross-roller high quality bearings to ensure rigidity and accuracy.
In a vertical turning center, gravity reinforces workholding security and process stability. Workpiece weight is directed straight down into the machine foundation and produces no off-axis loads on the spindle. Fixturing is simplified and clamping forces are greatly reduced. The arrangement minimizes the effect of interrupted cuts compared to horizontal lathes while facilitating part handling and increasing the amount of weight the machine can handle. Vertical turning centers often have a smaller footprint than equivalent horizontal lathes. Read More.
The products we carry as a trusted machine tool distributor all pass rigorous tests and are of top quality. The vertical turning lathes we supply come with the Absolute Machine Tool stamp of approval. Within our stock, we have:
- The You Ji VLS Series, which contains a 12 station tool changer. These machines are competitively priced for those in need of heavy-duty turning of larger workpieces.
- The You Ji CY Series, a vertical turning lathe with an automatic pallet changer. This machine is compact but extremely precise, giving you more room in your shop without sacrificing any accuracy. The integrated pallet changer allows for continuous, unbroken production whether you’re using it as an independent machine or in a production line.
- The You Ji CTV Vertical Turning Center which comes with ATC (Capto). This machine is heavy duty and built to last. It has an unyielding vertical column and base, which are made of Meehanite castings. You’ll have reduced thermal distortion and vibration dampening from the heavily ribbed feature. This machine is best for turning medium-sized workpieces.
- The You Ji AH Series, an Oil Country horizontal slant bed turning center. These machines are meant for the heavy-duty oil-country style machining applications. They’re built with the power and rigidity needed for shops in this field. Remember the CNC turning centers made in the 1980s? You might STILL have some of these in your shop. The You Ji AH Series is built with the same extreme strength and resilience.
Typical applications that benefit from use of vertical lathe machines include:
- Heavy workpieces that require a crane or automation
- Nonconforming part shapes that otherwise require complex fixturing
- Fragile work pieces that necessitate low clamping pressures
- Complex parts and those with interrupted cuts
- Unbalanced workpieces
You Ji is a world-leading builder of large custom vertical turning lathe machines, and Absolute has sold, installed and serviced more than 2,000 of their vertical turning centers in the United States and around the world. Contact us today at email@example.com to learn more about our wide range of CNC lathes.