Founded by Steve Ortner and Hayden Wellman in 1988, Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. has become a leading importer and distributor of CNC machine tools. Absolute has provided advanced metalworking solutions and comprehensive services for production machining, mold/die machining, high-speed machining, conventional turning, Swiss turning, wire EDM, die sinkers, hole poppers, and deep hole drilling/finishing. For nearly 30 years we have been helping machine shops and manufacturing facilities improve their production processes to be more competitive in today’s tough global environment. Absolute has worked with several of our principal machine tool partners since the beginning to offer some of the biggest most heavy-duty, high-rigid, high-precision, productive machine tools in the industry. We are proud to say that not one of our partners is new to the machine tool industry like so many others in recent years. Because of this, Absolute Machine Tools has been able to build our reputation on exemplary applications engineering, service, customer support, comprehensive training, and effective preventive maintenance programs.
Absolute Machine Tools now has four technical centers: Lorain, Ohio; Livonia, Michigan; Mason, Ohio; and Elgin, Illinois.
Our Applications & Service Engineering Support
Absolute Machine Tools prides itself on post-sale service and engineering support. Click here to view information on our service support. We have also teamed up with leading suppliers of tooling and fixtures, automation (FANUC), CAM software, and ancillary products to provide turnkey solutions for specific production needs. Customers enjoy the benefits from our highly trained applications and service engineering departments in such areas as:
- Preventive Maintenance Program
- Comprehensive Training
- ISO Certified Inspection Reports
- Thermal Compensation Mapping
- Pitch Error Compensation Reports
- Servo Tuning Backlash Reports
- Machine Squaring and Leveling
- Accuracy Maps
- Absolute brings value to our customers. We provide state-of-the-art, heavy duty machine tools at very competitive prices. Many of our machines come from Taiwan, as do many other industry-leading OEMs today.
- Absolute chooses the best products from a variety of OEMs to match the best machine tool to the application. No machine tool builder is good at everything. Each has their strengths. We are fortunate to be able to provide only the best products from each manufacturer. This is imperative in keeping our customers satisfied.
- Absolute has long and stable relationships with our suppliers: Johnford 25 years. You Ji 22 years. Tongtai 18 years.
- Absolute represents stable manufacturers including 3 of the top 5 Taiwanese machine tool builders. Tongtai is the largest and You Ji is second (by dollar volume). Tongtai and Johnford (Roundtop) are both publicly traded companies and listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- Absolute maintains a large inventory of new CNC machine tools in the U.S. (approximately 100 units) and maintains a continuous inventory replacement ordering system so delivery times are minimized.
- Absolute has several top applications engineers and offers full turn-key and run-off services.
- Absolute’s manufacturers have the engineering ability to produce special and custom machine tools.
- Absolute is a top world-wide distributor for most of our manufacturers. We have provided sales, installation, and service all over the world for such major companies as Timken, Pratt & Whitney, and Wood Group.
- Absolute has successfully completed installations for many worldwide companies in China, India, Romania, Singapore, Mexico, and Canada.
- Absolute has maintained a solid track record of stability and success throughout several economic downturns.
- Absolute maintains an extensive inventory of spare parts at our Lorain, Ohio facility. Our total inventory is in excess of $20 million.