Thank You for Helping Make IMTS 2018 “Great Again”
2018 was a record-breaking year at IMTS, and the team at Absolute Machine Tools had a great week that left us all very excited for the health of the American manufacturing industry! We would like to extend our thanks to everyone who visited us at Booth #338536.
Absolute sold six machines during the show, so a big thank you to the following customers!
- H&W Machine, Euclid, OH – Tongtai SH-4000P Compact Horizontal
- Gasbarre Products, Du Boise, PA – Johnford AHC-1600 Horizontal
- G.L. Heller, Whitehouse, OH – Johnford SV-60H Vertical with Renishaw probe
- Customer in Toledo, OH – LICO LNTS 42S-S4 Multi-Slide CNC Screw Machine with 4 Slides and Turret-Mounted Pick-Off Device
- Swiss-Tek, Delevan, WI – Nexturn SA-32PII Swiss Lathe
- Gateway Fabrication Solutions (Mexico) – Nexturn SA-20B Swiss Lathe
- Walker Tool & Machine, Perrysburg, OH – Johnford BMC-110 Boring Mill & Johnford SV-48H Vertical
Record Turnout at IMTS
Here’s a breakdown of all the records broken at this year’s show:
- Registrations at IMTS hit 129,415, smashing the previous record of 121,764 from 1998.
- There were 1,424,232 square feet of exhibiting space, compared to the previous record of 1,415,848 square feet from 2000.
- There were 2,563 exhibiting companies, a big jump over the 2016 record of 2,407.
- There were a total of 2,123 booths, well above the 2016 record of 1,808.
In a Post Show Report, Peter R. Eelman, Vice President – Exhibitions & Business Development at The Association For Manufacturing Technology, said this year’s IMTS set records because of the exponential growth in manufacturing technology.
“The rapid growth of digital technology, automation and additive manufacturing are especially driving interest,” Eelman says. “The booming manufacturing economy means visitors have capital and are ready to invest.”
We couldn’t agree more. And while IMTS may be done for now, machine tool sales continue! Absolute Machine Tools has over 100 machines in stock for immediate delivery. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.