Precihole FCVN Series – Facing, Centering & Chamfering Machines
Precihole manufactures a special purpose, highly versatile machine for facing and chamfering of barrel blanks. Accuracy on these operations is critical for the barrel blank to be located and aligned properly in the cone clamping system on gun drilling and pull reaming machines. If the barrel is improperly faced or chamfered, the barrel does not sit properly in the cone leading to inaccuracies in the gun drilling operation. This machine engages the component simultaneously at both ends. The combined facing and chamfering operation uses a special tool that ensures high productivity. Two hydraulically operated self-centering work holding vices hold the barrel blank accurately. Total cycle time is generally less than 30 seconds. Automation for loading and unloading of barrels can be added as an option on the machine.
- Use of ball screw and servo drives for smooth linear motion
- Simultaneous facing and chamfering operations at both ends using special tools
- Hydraulic self-centering work holding vices for barrel clamping
- Mitsubishi / Siemens PLC controls with touch screen HMI
- User friendly screens, simplified machine operations
- Chip conveyor and filtration system for flushing chips