The Johnford AHC-1600 “Dream Machine” Makes a Debut at IMTS 2016
The Johnford AHC-1600 will be on display at Absolute Machine Tools’ booth S-8536 at IMTS 2016, and is expected to be a hit with attendees. This horizontal machining center was recently introduced in 2015 and serves a variety of applications in various industries. The aerospace industry especially benefits from this new technology.
Tony Brandt of Brandt’s Custom Machining in Mansfield, Ohio said of the Johnford AHC-1600 that it is “every job shops’ dream machine.”
Johnford AHC-1600 Features
The robust machinery comes with many versatile features, including:
- Combination 63” x 32” flat table
- 800mm B-axis rotary table
- Moving column for the Z-axis, plus a moving table for the X-axis
- No table overhang on the X-axis
- Precision-ground and induction- hardened box ways in X, Y, and Z axes.
- Mating surfaces that are hand scraped and coated with Turcite-B
- Large diameter, pre-tensioned ball screws and powerful servomotors for incredibly accurate positioning.
- Stand-alone 40 tool arm type ATC for easy maintenance.
Johnford’s AHC-1600 35 HP horizontal machining center weighs 44,000 lbs and is made of Meehanite cast iron. This design is superior to both moving table and fixed column designs, and it allows for tough fortitude, great accuracy, and complete table support over the X-axis travel. The design of the moving column removes the need for outriggers or outboard supportive ways when supporting high table loads.
Powerful Machining Center Performance
With a 6000 RPM 50 taper spindle, this “dream machine” delivers vigorous performance at every RPM. The main motor includes 35HP and two-speed gear drive, which promotes top-tier cutting performance no matter the spindle speed. An oil-cooled spindle and gearbox keep the temperatures low as well.
The advanced chip removal system has its own exciting features, such as:
- 4 screw type conveyors
- A high volume coolant system
- Complete machine enclosure guarding to contain all chips and coolant
- A combination 63” x 32” flat table with a 32” (800mm) .001° full B-axis built-in rotary table.
Built to last and offer more powerful options over its competitors, the machine piqued great interest when it was released. Now available for use, you check out the benefits of its advanced technology at the IMTS 2016!
Absolute Machine Tools is excited to offer this versatile machining center to our clients. If you would like more information on the Johnford AHC-1600, call 800-852-7825.