Step 8: Successfully Implement a Cobot into your Operations
Review: They say this is the Future of Manufacturing … So how do you know you did it right?
Now that you’ve made it all the way through the first 7 steps of successfully implementing a cobot, the 8th step is easy, but not always considered — review. Do yourself a favor, build confidence and reassurance in your decision by going back through the notes and experiences you have compiled while on this journey. The 8th step is easy for us to write, but is often not taken seriously because those in manufacturing don’t have time to waste. However, purchasing a robot is a pinnacle choice. You as the decision maker need to be confident so not to risk being a bust.
Automation is the future of manufacturing, and cobots fit right in there.
To quote Winston Churchill:
“This is not the beginning of the end. This is perhaps the end of the beginning.”
A Few Parting Tips to Review on Implementing A Cobot
As we conclude our blog series on successfully implementing cobots into your operations, we have a few final tips for you.
- Do your homework before you choose. Talk to multiple cobot suppliers and investigate multiple brands. Consider all aspects of the cobot, from capabilities through implementation support to maintenance.
- Find someone you can lean on for advice. Maybe you know another manufacturer who’s already begun implementation. Maybe your supplier has a lot of experience in implementations. Sometimes all you need is a few questions answered or a few tips. Someone who’s been there can save you a lot of time and money with a few simple conversations.
- Start simple. Always, always, always start with the easiest job, even if it’s not the one you need the most. Get the “easy” job running. Your team will learn the ropes; employees will become comfortable; and your cobot will quickly start paying its way.
And finally, once again, take one last look at all the information you have compiled.
Our A+ Automation Team Can Help
Thanks again for sticking with us throughout this 8 Step Series, and remember, this is where Absolute’s A+ Automation Team can help. Our team has access to many different models and manufacturers of both collaborative and industrial robots. Our niche is small to medium sized companies who want to move into automation but don’t know how to do it.
You can trust our team to find the right cost-effective automation solution that fits the need. We don’t oversell, we don’t undersell, and we won’t leave you. For more information on our automation products, email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!Click To Learn More About OB7 Cobots
Check out our previous posts in Successfully Implementing a Cobot series:
- Step 1: The Cobot is Only One Part of the Application
- Step 2: What Role Do Integrators Play In This Process?
- Step 3: How is the Work Staged? It Should Be All Part of the Master Plan
- Step 4: Picking the Proper End-effector
- Step 5: Vision – Should You Go There?
- Step 6: Do Cobots Need Maintenance Like Industrial Robots?
- Step 7: Risk Assessment
- Step 8: Review