Precihole BRM Series – Broach Rifling Machines
Large Artillery Barrel Solutions
Precihole is proud to be in a very small elite group of machine manufacturers in the world that can provide broach rifling machines for large caliber weapon systems. Broach rifling creates spiral grooves in the barrel by removing steel using a hook cutter.
The linear and rotary motion of the hook cutter are precision controlled for accuracy using a servo drive and ball screw or rack and pinion mechanism. The broach cutters are progressive in size and each cutter cuts a size slightly bigger than the previous one. The fine filtration system on the machine ensures that the system gets coolant at requires rates and the swarf is evacuated properly from the barrel.
Broach Rifling Machine Features:
- Use of ball screw or precision rack and pinion and servo drives for reciprocating linear motion
- Precision interpolation and control of linear and rotary axes of the spindle
- Special fixturing for quick component location and clamping
- 10 micron fine coolant filtration system
- Mitsubishi / Siemens PLC controls with touch screen HMI
- User friendly screens and simplified machine operation
Contact Absolute Machine Tools today to learn more about the BRM Series broach rifling machines!