CNC Repair & Maintenance Training Programs
Absolute Machine Tools offers training programs for CNC technical repair and maintenance, teaching critical skills that ensure our customers are successful by being able to manufacture the highest quality parts possible.
Read more about our CNC repair and maintenance training programs!
Full Time // Location: Lorain, OH
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. is the premier provider of customized CNC machining and automation solutions. This position is based out of our Lorain Ohio headquarters. The Automation Engineer is directly responsible for conceptual design and specifications for development of automation products, ranging from small component or tooling to extremely large machinery or robotic cell layout designs. This position acts as Subject Material Expert (SME) responsible for researching, designing, and analyzing robotic applications through installation and final commissioning.
- Design automated robotic cell layouts and completes 3D simulations in view of movements, volume minimization, reachability of working points, programming, and minimization of working cycle times.
- Designs and details system structures, fixtures, and transfer stations between robot cells, conveyors, shuttles, etc.
- Assists with safety risk assessments of robot cells in accordance with current safety standards: identifies possible hazards and determines risk reduction requirements, suggests solutions, and validates.
- Work with Sales Engineers and potential customers to determine optimal solutions for automating their applications.
- Work with vendor management and procurement.
- Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety and quality for our customers.
- Leads automation projects as required.
- Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships and effectively communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate documentation of concepts, testing outcomes and ongoing efficiency of automation equipment or processes; keep electrical schematics, control diagrams, and control programs updated and organized.
- Performs automation unit assembly & tests, system integration, and run-off.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, corrective action formulation, and root-cause investigation.
- Identify and research advancements in processes, equipment, software and hardware to support cost reductions and improve quality and efficiency.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong system design, hands-on and prototyping capabilities.
- Technical competency in industrial automation/robotics (robots/controls/vision/conveyors/tooling etc.)
- Previous robotics mechanical engineering experience – 3+ years preferred.
- Highly versed in pneumatics, vacuum, servo, powertrain, conveyor design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications – 3+ years preferred.
- Proficient in CAD software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) – 3+ years preferred.
- Experience in design for manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and time reduction.
- Ability to visualize a process or system from concept to development.
- Solid organizational skills including detail-oriented personality and multitasking skills.
- Some travel and occasional overnight stays may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable on Absolute’s insurance policy.
Full Time // Locations: Lorain, OH // Mason, OH//Chicago, IL//Livonia, MI //Indiana
Absolute Machine Tools, a leading importer of CNC machine tools, has an immediate need for field service engineers at all locations including the Mason, OH Technical Center. Experience in electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, and working knowledge of CNC controls is a must. We are looking for skilled technicians with experiences related to the installation, repair, and maintenance of CNC machining centers, turning centers, wire EDM machines, ram EDM machines, and accessories – bar feeders, rotary tables, high-pressure coolant systems, etc. Top candidates will have 5+ years of experience in these areas or an educational equivalent. Priority will be given to those having prior field service experience. Regional travel is mandatory.
Machine Tools Sales Engineer
Full Time // Locations: Lorain OH//Mason OH//Chicago IL // Livonia MI // Indiana
Experienced sales people needed for leading and growing nationalimporter/distributor of CNC machine tools and Wire EDM machines for sales territories in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois. Top compensation, commission (with no ceiling on earnings), benefits, and company car provided.
Requirements: If you do not have at least 2+ years of experience or knowledge of CNC machine tools, please do not apply as your resume will not be considered.
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. is an employee owned company and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company sponsored retirement plan, paid time off and holiday pay.
Absolute Machine Tools will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.