CNC Repair & Maintenance Training Programs
AS OF 2018, ABSOLUTE MACHINE TOOLS IS AN EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY (ESOP)! AN EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY MEANS YOU TOO CAN BE AN OWNER AND HAVE A VOICE IN THE DECISIONS THAT ARE MADE AND A VESTED INTEREST IT THE COMPANY’S OVERALL SUCCESS.
Absolute Machine Tools offers training programs for CNC technical repair and maintenance, teaching critical skills that ensure our customers are successful by being able to manufacture the highest quality parts possible.
Read more about our CNC repair and maintenance training programs!
Field Service Engineer
Full Time // Locations: Lorain, OH // Mason, OH//Chicago, IL//Livonia, MI //Indiana
Absolute Machine Tools, a leading importer of CNC machine tools, has an immediate need for field service engineers at all locations including the Mason, OH Technical Center. Experience in electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, and working knowledge of CNC controls is a must. We are looking for skilled technicians with experiences related to the installation, repair, and maintenance of CNC machining centers, turning centers, wire EDM machines, ram EDM machines, and accessories – bar feeders, rotary tables, high-pressure coolant systems, etc. Top candidates will have 5+ years of experience in these areas or an educational equivalent. Priority will be given to those having prior field service experience. Regional travel is mandatory.
Machine Tools Field Sales Engineer
Full Time // Locations: Lorain OH//Mason OH//Chicago IL // Livonia MI // Indiana
Top compensation – commission (with no ceiling on earnings), benefits, and company car provided.
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc., is a leading and growing North American importer/distributor of CNC machine tools and robotics, and is currently searching for Sales Engineers. Top compensation (with no ceiling on earnings), benefits, and company car provided. This position requires successful sales management with the demonstrated ability to rapidly grow sales levels. Manufacturing and machine tool knowledge are a plus. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and willing to learn. The Sales Engineer’s primary focus will be to prospect and develop new accounts and new business at existing accounts. The candidate must be able to build relationships with a wide range of customers from small to Fortune 500 companies. The successful candidate will exhibit strong communication and computer skills, be able to multi-task and prioritize their workload, have strong negotiating skills, be a team player, and work with minimal supervision.
• Prospect and develop new customers within assigned territory. Develop new sales leads, quote customers, and provide technical support as required.
• Establish sales forecasts and secure orders according to goals.
• Trade show participation.
• Educate customers on products, proper application of products, and assist them with product selection.
• Assist customers with service requests if necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related fields, or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience in industrial outside sales preferred.
• Technical experience in CNC machine tools a plus
• Demonstrate ability to build strong business relationships.
• Ability to initiate contact at new accounts and generate product interest.
• Excellent human relations skills to prepare and deliver formal presentations to customers.
• Must possess problem solving skills.
• Ambition and professionalism a must.
Full Time // Location: Lorain, OH
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. is the premier provider of customized CNC machining and automation solutions. This position is based out of our Lorain Ohio headquarters. The Automation Engineer is directly responsible for conceptual design and specifications for development of automation products, ranging from small component or tooling to extremely large machinery or robotic cell layout designs. This position acts as Subject Material Expert (SME) responsible for researching, designing, and analyzing robotic applications through installation and final commissioning.
- Design automated robotic cell layouts and completes 3D simulations in view of movements, volume minimization, reachability of working points, programming, and minimization of working cycle times.
- Designs and details system structures, fixtures, and transfer stations between robot cells, conveyors, shuttles, etc.
- Assists with safety risk assessments of robot cells in accordance with current safety standards: identifies possible hazards and determines risk reduction requirements, suggests solutions, and validates.
- Work with Sales Engineers and potential customers to determine optimal solutions for automating their applications.
- Work with vendor management and procurement.
- Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety and quality for our customers.
- Leads automation projects as required.
- Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships and effectively communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate documentation of concepts, testing outcomes and ongoing efficiency of automation equipment or processes; keep electrical schematics, control diagrams, and control programs updated and organized.
- Performs automation unit assembly & tests, system integration, and run-off.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, corrective action formulation, and root-cause investigation.
- Identify and research advancements in processes, equipment, software and hardware to support cost reductions and improve quality and efficiency.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong system design, hands-on and prototyping capabilities.
- Technical competency in industrial automation/robotics (robots/controls/vision/conveyors/tooling etc.)
- Previous robotics mechanical engineering experience – 3+ years preferred.
- Highly versed in pneumatics, vacuum, servo, powertrain, conveyor design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications – 3+ years preferred.
- Proficient in CAD software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) – 3+ years preferred.
- Experience in design for manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and time reduction.
- Ability to visualize a process or system from concept to development.
- Solid organizational skills including detail-oriented personality and multitasking skills.
- Some travel and occasional overnight stays may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable on Absolute’s insurance policy.
Absolute Machine Tools, Inc. is an employee-owned company and we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, company sponsored retirement plan, paid time off and holiday pay.
Absolute Machine Tools will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.