Absolute Machine Acquires Machine Tool Technology – 21
The economy may seem a bit flat, but Absolute Machine Tools is on the rise. On March 24, 2016, the team at Absolute announced an agreement to acquire Machine Tool Technology – 21 (MTT-21), a well-known Chicago area CNC machine tool distributor. The acquisition further validates Absolute’s commitment to Illinois/Wisconsin manufacturers and enhances the company’s existing exemplary applications engineering, service and customer support.
“This acquisition combines the global resources of our company with the capabilities and excellent local reputation of MTT-21,” Absolute Machine Tools’ president Steve Ortner said.
Ortner said the move is a sign of Absolute’s strength during this tough economic climate.
The Machine Tool Technology – 21 Dream Team
With March Madness in full swing, Absolute Machine Tools can’t help but brag about the new members of the machine tool industry dream team that will be joining Absolute in the MTT-21 acquisition.
This team of professionals will enhance Absolute’s onsite service and repair, engineering and tech support, and turnkey services. The new personnel include:
- Mark Ulanov, president and owner of MTT-21, Inc. who has more than 30 years of machine tool sales experience and market knowledge.
- Rob Grimm, with 25 years at MTT-21 and over 30 years of machine tool applications and service experience.
- Dave Marzullo, with more than 25 years of machine tool sales experience at MTT-21 and more than 30 years industry experience.
- Andrey Avakov, who has worked in machine tool sales at MTT-21 for four years.
- Todd Romeiser, who was recently MC Machinery’s (Mitsubishi’s U.S. EDM headquarters) national sales manager for milling and turning and has over 20 years of experience in EDM applications and sales management.
In total, these five new dream team members bring over 100 years of expertise in various machine tool industry sectors to Absolute Machine Tools’ Midwest Technical Center in Elgin, Illinois.